"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"I just don't know when I am going to turn 6!??"

This is the question that is pondering the little overactive mind of my just turned FIVE year old Miss Maggie.  She is worried about this and so much so that it caused a lot of distress the other day at school.  Her little brain just does not shut off at times and right now this is the question that is burning for her.  She cannot even fathom the thought that this sixth birthday is still another 10 months aways.  I worry she will rush through being five but didn't you want to rush through all of your birthday's to the next big one?

On this day at school, she had helped Ms. Lauren take some library books over to their new room (lots of moving going on at school) and after Ms. Lauren told her to lay down and rest.  Well when Ms. Lauren looked back over, Maggie was so in thought about this particular question she was almost in tears.  Ms. Lauren tried to comfort her and tell her that her birthday will come again and not to worry.  However, Maggie had to work through this thought and question.  She told Ms. Lauren, "I know my birthday is after Thanksgiving and before Christmas and that in the New Year I will turn a year older."  She says to Ms. Lauren, "I just cannot wait that long and don't know when my birthday will ever get here"  Well Mags, you have it right but unfortunately all of that will have to until another 10 months to get here. 

Ms. Lauren tried to get her excited about Valentine's Day but nope she did not want to hear it - not even St. Patrick's day, Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day would let her see there are many months before we hit the "busy season" again.

Ms. Lauren and I talked about it.  We both think that because there is so much celebration within a 7 week time span (Thanksgiving, Birthday, Christmas and New Year's) for this little one she just cannot think about going so long without a celebration or major holiday.  She did calm down and final take a little nap but her little brain thinks too much (I wonder where she gets that?)

So my little over thinker - we will do our best to celebrate along the way - you may even get a half birthday cake or something but let's try to not rush through these years, momma is having a hard enough time with you growing up too fast anyways. 







She is just my free spirit, independent, over thinker who we love more everyday!

Maggie - just wait 325 more days and that 6th birthday will be here - and it will be a BIG celebration as your birthday falls on THANKSGIVING this year - we have a lot to be thankful for my little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment