"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, January 28, 2013

What a PERFECT Weekend!

This weekend we had the opportunity to reconnect with some amazing friends, and to just get away for what I am calling a much needed mini vacation!

We took a short trip for the week to Indy to see our friends, let our children hang out and play, for us all to reconnect and for the boys to head to Monster Jam.  It was wonderful!  I got the added bonus of being able to catch up on some much needed sleep, I did not get out of my pajamas on Saturday and we just relaxed, watch the kids run and play, drank some wine, and had a WONDERFUL time. 

It was a blessing that I am not sure I knew I really needed.  Sure I knew I had worked LONG hours last week and that being gone this week would be really hard and LONG again but I really had no idea how much I needed to just sit down, hear our kids laugh and to truly relax.  There was no laundry, just a few meals to clean up after, no errands to run, and for the gals, no place to go.  We just had to make sure the boys got ready in time to get to the MONSTER TRUCKS in time! 
The boys were all so excited to go to the monster trucks, imagine Cale and Evan with deep, raspy voices says, "MONSTER TRUCKS!" 

They all had a great time, the kids were great together, the adults had a wonderful time and truly it was what Nickole called, "an epic weekend" 

Here are just a few photos that my hubby sent me during their trip:


This was the 1st photo he sent me, I asked for one of the kids

This was the 2nd photo I got
3rd time was a charm to see the boys!
And unfortunately I cannot get to the other photos right now - I will have to get them here soon

Thank you Eric, Nickole, Evan and Anniston!  It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment