"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, October 14, 2010

16 weeks ago today our precious babies entered this world!

Yep just 16 weeks ago today we added to our family by 2 - Cale and Mallory are the best babies and I am so honored to be their mom.
Technically they aren't 4 months yet as July had 5 weeks in it.  I know you moms understand, we start counting our lives in weeks the minute we find out that we are expecting, then continue counting weeks until your children turn 2, so why celebrate 16 weeks because I believe each day is a gift. 

Right now in their lives Cale and Mallory are smiling and giggling.  Mallory is ticklish under her chin and arms and will smile at anything.  Cale loves to talk to you and he gives the biggest smiles when he wakes to eat at 3:00 AM!  He is a smart cookie too because he lets Mallory do the crying at the early hour and then patiently waits for us to come get them.  I maybe exhausted as I get there in the wee hours of the morning but that little face smiling up at you can change the world.

We are holding our heads up well and can sit in our Bumbo seat for a few minutes.  They are just growing before our eyes and are truly a blessing in our lives. 

They have given me more gifts as a mother than they will ever know, one I desperately needed tonight after a long and emotionally draining day.  As I entered the house I knew I could count on them for smiles and a reminder of what life is all about, my Family and their love.  There isn't much else that really matters when you boil it down to the simple facts.  I needed those little smiles and coos tonight more than anything.  They were even better than the pumpkin cheesecake I had for dinner and as I prepare to go to sleep tonight they are my reason for getting up in the morning and facing the day. 

So Mallory Lynne and Cale Joseph, I thank you, for entering our lives, for allowing me to be your mommy, for being the best behaved babies, for your smiles, for your coos and mostly for your love which we receive in lots of giggles!

My precious sleeping babies!
And even though they are sleeping a foot apart they will be snuggled up to each other about now!  Just a few hours after going to bed.  It is super sweet and I will try my hardest to capture that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment