"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At least the Princesses didn't lose!

Wow I feel like I haven't written in forever, this work thing is getting in the way of my blog but I promise to keep writing no matter what.  We sure have been busy though and are coming off one of the longest weekends ever but it was a fabulous one.  Now I need a week of sleep to recover.

Friday we watched the horrible loss of the Reds and I shopped the mom's of twins sale while the family hung out at Memaw and Papaw's house. 
Saturday started early, me off to the twins sale again and Matt laying tile in our ALMOST finished basement.  So glad Memaw Jo and Papaw Casey helped out with the kids.  Then it was off to Princesses on Ice.  Maggie hated the first few minutes as she doesn't like fireworks and that is how the show started.  After a while though she really enjoyed all of the princesses and she looked beautiful in her Cinderella dress. 
Caden even enjoyed himself as did daddy and Uncle Adam, yes we made the boys go, but the important thing was that it was a family day out.  The babies were so good and I thrilled we could share the day with Natalie, Aunt Haley and Uncle Adam. 

They really did have a good time even if they wouldn't smile for me :)
Then it was mommy and daddy's turn for a night out together.  We joined some friends and family celebrating Lance's 40th birthday with our favorite DJ Bear.  We had a ball and then a slumber party at Memaw Jo and Papaw Frank's house.

Sunday was right around the corner and full with sporting events to attend, first the Bengals and then the Reds.  And yes both of them loss but I must say being able to spend the day with Matthew was a wonderful thing.  The kids joined us at the Reds game, not the babies just the older two, and unfortunately we couldn't bring home a win.  I know people think we were crazy for taking them but who knows when they will get to see another playoff game at GABP with their favorite team.
I am more disappointed in the Bengal loss than the Red's loss because really I didn't think the Reds would make it as far as they did this year and we are already looking forward to next season at GABP. 

Maggie with her Rally towel
So I must say I am still recovering and the laundry fairy missed her shift so catch up is horrible but we had a great time and it really does feel good to know that our family is strong and so much fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment