"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lazy Saturday was a HUGE Success!

In the words of Maggie, "We Did It!" I wanted so badly to have a laid back Saturday, reconnect with my family, get some rest I can't believe I actually did it. 

Many people will think we are crazy because to get in our lazy Saturday we loaded up 4 kids on Friday afternoon and headed 3 hours north to visit some of our favorite people, Aunt Erica, Uncle John and our cousin Maddox.  While preparing and getting everyone in the van was a bit of a task it was well worth it.   It is probably the only way I could make myself sit down because I wasn't home so I couldn't see all of the chores that needed to be done and I was forced to spend my time with our family and to just have fun!   I was nervous as we haven't travelled with all 4 kids yet but Erica and John said 5 kids in the house no problem and we are so glad they had us. 
These little outings and trips all started when Caden and Maggie were born, my sister and I made a pact that we would not go longer than 30 days without seeing each other.  So far we have been very successful on this promise, although it was almost 45 days since we had seen them we were spoiled over the summer with so much time together it felt like years since we could connect!  I remember, and still do, have so many good times with my cousins that I think these little adventures are so amazingly important in our lives that we will do anything to make them happen.  Even if it means chaos for a bit. 

I learned and enjoyed so many things this weekend, it was simply wonderful.  I sat in the very back of the van with Caden and Maggie to watch a movie, I was told I cannot talk during the movie.  I got to see Maddox walk, he is doing so good and getting so big.  I learned that Cale and Mallory are both really finding their voice and love to "talk" with us.  I snuggled my babies so hard that we took a nice long nap.  I know that my kids absolutely adore their aunt and uncle.  I know my kids LOVE hanging out with Maddox and it is funny to watch them play with him.  They are little bosses.  Caden got to go to the Komets hockey game which he LOVED and he got to see a fight which he thinks is very cool.  Maggie got to see Beauty and the Beast for the first time but fell asleep before the end so we aren't really sure what she thought.  All of this and so much more happened in a short amount of time but it is what I needed to rejuvenate my self and my mind.  One of the accomplishments I am most proud of is capturing the kids in the fall decor for Memaw Donna.  We will get them all together this weekend in front of her beautiful display but we got these great shots right outside in the warm fall sun!
Cousin love!

Such a big boy coming to see me!

Exploring his pumpkins


That there is TROUBLE a brewing!
And we couldn't quite figure out how to get the babies to sit with the bigger kids so here they are relaxing and saying hello!

Big Boy sitting all by himself
Mallory is waving at us!

Big Sister Love

Cute little thing I can't resist!
I needed this weekend, my kids needed this weekend, and I am so glad that Matthew and I got to top it off by heading to a concert on Sunday night, just like old times - BT - before Twins.  We had a great time seeing Godsmack, I am sleepy today but glad we did it. 

Now I just have to keep my brain from freaking out with all we need to do this week and remember what life is really about - Lazy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment