"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a funny moment from this morning...

So this morning was not any different than any other morning of trying to get 4 kids out the door as well as mom and dad to work but it was the conversation in the car that kept me laughing today.

As we were driving we had our conversations about where teh sun is, Caden has asked this everyday since it has been dark out during our departure and everyday I tell him it is sleeping.  Maggie proceeds to tell me she sees the stars, lots and lots of stars.  I secretly love that she enjoys seeing the stars so much because I love looking at the stars and just dreaming and letting my mind wonder to wherever it may go.  I remember laying on teh picnic table at our house on Bunkum and doing this as a kid.  She is definitely my daughter if you couldn't tell by the looks.

But anyways back to my story, so we are driving discussing the stars and the sun when Caden coughed, which promoted me to ask him if he was okay, and he was then asked by his sister, "Caden you okay?" Well Caden replied to both of us, "you don't talk to me" very rudely I might add.  Well Maggie takes his words in for about a second and then she announces, "He's okay!"  Just like his response to not talk to him was normal and because he was talking he was alright. 

I know that no one else maybe laughing and maybe you needed to be there but just the way she thought about what he said and calmly told me that he was okay has had me chuckling all day.  I don't know whether to love or hate the fact that she is such a grown up in that tiny body and mind.  I love the fact that she cares enough to ask her brother, politely, if he was okay and that she knew because he responded, rude or not, that he was okay.  Their bond as brother and sister is amazing to witness and be a part of each day.  They are truly best friends and the worst of enemies at times but no matter what they watch out for each other and take care of each other.  That is a reassuring thought as I drop them off at school each day, knowing that they are not alone in this big, grown up world. 
So whether you laughed or not it was a moment I wanted to capture and will remember as my toddlers become little people.  Here's to many more great mornings on our car rides to school!

1 comment:

  1. Trina -- great job of capturing the little things that make us chuckle! I'm so glad you are blogging these kind of interactions -- you are documenting their precious lives! Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete