"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I swear they have grown a ton!

I was only out of town 3 days but I swear all of my kids have grown a ton. 

Cale is a little rolling machine, he can't yet figure out how to get back over and he gets quite pissed actually but we laugh at him.  He did make it back over this morning but of course I missed it!  We couldn't get him to do it again today but it wasn't for lack of effort my Maggie and I.


He was rolling over so much that he tired himself out!

Mallory is trying hard to roll over, she is talking so much more or so it seems.  I was greeted by her smile and laughs when I got home and that is exactly what I needed.  We got some great cuddle time in this morning and it was just what I needed.

Caden is still Caden but I think he is growing up each day so much.  He is trying to be an independent little man but he is hanging all over daddy.  This is pretty common when one of us leaves for a few days.  He always clings to the other parent for a few days.  It is almost as if he is carrying a grudge for you being gone.  He got to go to the Cyclones home opener tonight with Daddy and Big Papaw, he was so excited that he fell asleep at the game and they are leaving early.

Maggie is a little ball of energy but she has been going to bed earlier lately, thank goodness!  She was great for her daddy and actually went to bed early and easy.  In the last two nights she has been asleep before anyone, I only hope this is the start of a good thing.  She has been a sweet angel today and really has been clinging to me, I don't mind it at all.

I love my kids and husband more than anything but my meetings were good and I got the chance to meet a lot of folks I have worked with lately but only by phone or desktop sharing.  I don't mind the travel but I was rusty on being smooth getting through the airport.  And it was nice to get some sleep, but of course I did not sleep all night.  I kept waking thinking I heard they kids.  I am glad to be home, catching up has been rough but I enjoyed my day with the family. 

We are excited about Halloween tomorrow, lots of pictures to come.  I never really truly enjoyed this holiday until I had children.  Now I see it differently through their eyes and have enjoyed it each year.

All 3 that I have with me at home are asleep so mommy is off to catch up on some dvr'd shows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment