"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My favorite part of my day!

Each day as I drive home I simply cannot wait to see the faces of my babies.  Even through the 50 minutes of traffic and headaches those 4 little faces are what keep me sane. 

When I walk into daycare to get Caden and Maggie they are usually playing with the other kids or sitting down reading books.  I love to sit back and watch them for a few minutes before they see me wathcing and come running, right after that I walk into the door and get knocked down by their hugs.  That is absolutely the best feeling in the world and can make the day turn for the best in a matter of seconds. 

Each day after we are loaded up in the car I always ask, "how was school?"  I am constantly surprised by what I get for answers.  The response is usually "good" and followed by a story about what they did for the day and who they played with.  It truly amazes me how much they get out of their days while I am gone at work.  I am usually sad that I wasn't a part of it but only for a minute as they then make me laugh and I know that we are all okay and that they are ahving a great time at their school with their friends and I know they are learning a ton.

Today we also discussed the stop light, we go thru 3 from home to school and this has been a topic of conversation for the last week or so on our rides each way.  It is interesting to watch them learn this new concept.  We know that we stop on RED and can go on GREEN, we are no where to understanding YELLOW and tonight I had to explain why I turned on RED, that was difficult. 

I am excited and honored to watch the learnings of my children everyday and that is why those 20 minutes I have from when I pick them up, load them up and until we get home is the favorite part of my day!  

And to end the day here is a few sweet picture of bed time tonight. 
Cale was already sleeping so he will have to join in the bed time fun on another day. 
To my babies I love you all and I look forward to our trips home and what you will teach me!




No comments:

Post a Comment