"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Time for Baseball in October!

Ok so post season has not officially started but this is the first time in my life that we are excited about attending a Red's game in October!  Usually by this time of year we let our tickets go unused but not tonight!  We are headed out to the ball park to enjoy the evening with Memaws and Papaws and hopefully see a Red's win with few home runs please.  The fireworks really freak out Maggie so wins are good, home runs are not!

I love baseball and have since I was a little one.  I have played softball (well started with t-ball) for many years and dearly miss the sport.  My grandma and grandpa Horstman were two of the biggest Reds fans you would have ever met.  I can say my great aunts who were nuns were famous as one of their friends won $10,000 on a game once (of course it was donated to the convent) and lastly and my biggest blessing right now is that my kids LOVE the game!  Caden and Maggie can name almost the entire team, they have their favorite players and they know who everyone else's favorite player is!  Caden loves Scott Rolen, Maggie Joey Votto (and it is adorable to hear her say his name!) they both like Jay Bruce and really do watch the games when we go.

This will be Mallory and Cale's 3rd game not to bad considering they are 14 weeks old!  Here is a photo from their first trip to the ballpark.
We have had our 20 game pack for 3 years now and have enjoyed every game.  Here are a few more fun photos of us enjoying games.

Caden and Cale in our seats

One of my all time favorite photos of Mags and I

Caden took this photo from our seats of Scott Rolen of course!
Caden and Daddy at the CAG fireworks night 2009
Caden tired out from the CAG fireworks night game!

Maggie, Mommy, Caden and Daddy at the twins  first game!

Caden, Cale and Daddy at the CAG fireworks night this year
And here is to a great post season for the Redlegs!  I know of 4 great people who are cheering you on from heaven and a few very excited almost 3 year old kids cheering you from the stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment