"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, September 13, 2010

And we call her Pickles...

This morning - on the last of the Monday mornings home with my babies - Mallory, Cale and I took a walk.  I have come to cherish these moments as it is a great way to clear my head, organize my thoughts, prepare for what I need to do today and get some great exercise.  Most mornings the babies are asleep by lap 2 but not this morning, Miss Mallory stayed awake for most of our entire 2.5 miles and I enjoyed my company!
Miss Mallory on our morning walk
So my third child of the four I thank you for our morning together.  She was born at 5lbs 13oz and arrived two minutes before her twin.  They say her legs were up by her ears when she was born thus the photo below.  We worried that her hips would be effected but after an ultrasound at 3 weeks old we learned she is perfectly fine!  You were a tiny little blessing but you have quickly grown and are getting chubby cheeks and thighs that are great to love on.  You were quickly claimed by your bigger sister as "My Mallory" - although when Maggie says your name it comes out like Melanory - a combination of Melanie and Mallory.  You look a lot like your older sister, but lord help us if you act like her I may need an 18 year vacation!


And how did you get the nickname Pickles?  Well that is daddy's doing.  For some reason he started calling you that and your brother and sister have made sure that it sticks!  When Caden is looking at a picture of our family he will name everyone and when he gets to you it isn't Mallory it is always Pickles.  You don't seem to mind the name now as you always smile when anyone says it.  But if you hate the nickname when you are older, if it stays that long, you need to yell at daddy he is totally responsible! 

Mallory Lynne, thank you for the joy you have brought us thus far in your 11 1/2 weeks of being here.   You are amazing little girl and we love you more than anything.  I cannot wait to see how you grow and who you will become, whatever it is I am sure you will be great.  Thank you for keeping me company on our walk, I will truly miss those mornings when I head back to work next week but Mommy has to go and you will be in great hands at Memaw Connie and Papaw Eddie's house. 

My baby girl, no matter what comes your way in life don't lose your smile, it is contagious and the world is a better place with you smiling in it!
We love you Mallory Lynne!


No comments:

Post a Comment