"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, September 10, 2010

He's my baby, my helper and was our surprise!

Each morning the babies and I come downstairs to start our day.  My start of the day includes grabbing my coffee, turning on GMA and catching up on email, facebook and my favorite blogs then planning our day.  What I love most about these mornings is that Cale is usually awake and always by my side.  These are truly mornings I will miss when I join the working world again here shortly.

So who is my little helper man?

He is my baby, the youngest of the 4 - by 2 minutes - and the one who was a surprise. 
Yes he is a blessing but he was a big surprise.  And here is how we found out about our Cale...
Mid - December I was out on a Friday afternoon finishing up some Christmas shopping, I knew I was pregnant but at the time we had one healthy heart beat and didn't expect anything else.  While shopping I began to have some complications with the baby and I thought for sure it would end in a miscarriage.  However, after a quick trip to the doctor we soon found out that we were definitely still pregnant and now there were 2 healthy heartbeats.  Now you ladies will understand that it is very difficult to sit up during an exam but I have tried twice in my life - the first time they told us we were pregnant with twins and once more when Dr. Scheiber told me that I was not having a miscarriage but was in fact pregnant with twins, again.  Talk about shock. On the drive to the doctor I had prepared myself for the worst and then when we heard the news I felt joy and relief and then when reality set in I felt immediately overwhelmed.  4 kids under 3 really how would we do it? 
Well after a night on bed rest and some chats with your Grandma Donna - who reminded me I said I always wanted 4 kids and Grandma Mary Jo - who said she will be there to help us - I relaxed and started to enjoy the fact that I was going to have a very unusual family - two sets of twins and all under 3 for that matter!

Cale is an amazing little man who came into this world at 6lbs. 9oz - the largest of my 4 babies - and he will forever be mommy's baby.  He will sit by me while I organize photos or coupons, he loves to sit and watch the world, he will lay on the bed and help fold the laundry, he is soaking it all in and providing smiles and cooing all along.
When your brother Caden met you at a day old - he said "that's baby me!" and at first we did think you looked like Caden but now you are growing, changing and becoming your own person for sure.
We were torn between a few names for you but I am glad that daddy picked Cale - it fits you, it truly does.  I am thrilled with the joy you have brought our lives in your short 11 weeks in this world and cannot wait to see you grow.  Your brother has lots of plans for you when you get bigger, he can't wait to take you to the races, play cars with you and to teach you how to play ball and I can't wait to see the brother bonding continue. 
Don't worry Maggie loves you too, she is just a little more quiet about it, but she spends many hours by your side and loving that you are smiling at her.  She calls you Pit Stop - we have been watching a lot of Cars lately!
Mallory loves you too and enjoys being your big sister. She always finds a way to reach out to you when you are beside each other and laughs when you cry - she enjoys your pain which is what siblings do.  Don't worry you laugh when she cries too!

Cale Joseph you are an amazing little man, and I can say that I have never had a better surprise in my life.  Don't grow up too fast, after all you are my last baby and that is something I want to hold onto forever.  Keep us smiling and keep the taking in the world. It is big and vast but I know you will leave your mark on it in a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment