"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, September 24, 2010

My babies are 3 months old today!

As I drove into work today I realized we made it through week one of the return to work.  And as bitter sweet as it is my babies are 3 months old today.  Technically they were 13 weeks yesterday but you mom's know we count weeks until they are a year then move to months so I thought it fitting to celebrate all of the milestones of the week!
Cale and Mallory 3 months old!
I never in a million years would have imagined having two sets of twins.  Really we wanted to see if just one baby was easy but I would not change what we have for the world.  We have one of the most unique families and when I think back to all of the struggles, tears, money and pain to get this family I know that it all happened the way it has for a reason and that is was worth it a million times over! 

Last night I got to sit and enjoy my babies, Caden and Maggie were having a sleepover with Memaw Jo and Papaw Frank so it was just Cale, Mallory and I watching the season premiere of Grey's!  This brought back a lot of memories of me sitting there watching Grey's with the other two and it is a blessing to be able to do it again with two more kids!  Mallory is a fabulous TV buddy by the way.  You just have to look at her and she smiles and appears to follow the stories well!

We have had a long and hard week.  I truly think a 4 day work week would be much better but I doubt Uncle Gary would agree with me so I will do what I have to do.  The amazing people I work with made this transition back so much better than I imagined.  The amazing grandparents watching my babies made this transition back so much better than I imagined.  The amazing 2 almost 3 year olds I have stepping up and behaving wonderfully made this transition back so much better than I imagined.  Our amazing parents support made this transition back so much better than I imagined.  My wonderful facebook friends support made this transition back so much better than I imagined.  And last but not least my amazing husband picking up 4 kids twice this week made this transition back so much better than I imagined. So I think you get the point.  We made it through this week with a lot of help and guidance and planning.  I won't say that it will always be easy and as you know I will constantly live with mommy guilt but we did it one week down and the rest of our lives to go. 

I should be working right now but needed to take a break and reflect on my week and get my head organized so a quick break I did take to just remember:

I am one lucky gal to have been able to be with these amazing little people everyday for the first 12 weeks of their life.  I will always cherish our days and memories together but now we have to start a new chapter in the book and so far so good! 

So thank you all who made this week a better than expected one!
Happy 3 month Birthday to my babies!



And just so we don't forget how little you were here is one more!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE the picture of these two cuties in the black chair. Frame that one!

    ReplyDelete