"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Well My Bike is Officially Gone!

Yes folks, it's the end of an era, as Matthew reminded me it was a short lived era and only had 627 miles on it but still it was an era.  It was a time when I thought we would never have chlidren and while I enjoyed my time on the bike I wouldn't trade it for my 4 kids. 
It may have been short lived but I did tear up when they rode it away, that was my first bike!

I have some good memories riding but I have no pictures of me riding it, I believe my Aunt Rosemary does and I am going to work to track it down for my scrapbook.  This is one of the few pictures I do have of my bike.
One of my best memories was being out on a Thursday riding with all of our friends, we were waiting at the light to turn down Front Street to head to the Lounge, I got stuck in a little hole in the road and couldn't make the light (rookie rider thing).  I was going to be by myself, which was scary, but nope our friend Jughead waited for me.  Thank goodness he waited.  I was freaked out as I had not ridden by myself but was so glad so see that big man sitting there making sure this scared lady on her bike made it through the light with everyone else. 
Sadly, Jughead was in an accident on a poker run one Saturday in June of 2007 and died.  He was a big man who lived life and had a ball and I will forever be thankful to him for waiting for me.

Our riding days seem like a life time ago, yes we still have Matthew's bike but with 4 kids we don't get out that often but it will continue to be something that he and I can do together just from now on I will be on the back of his bike instead of riding my own.  Before 4 kids we rode at least 2 days a week and always on Thursday nights.  Those were some great times.  We got to visit Sturgis, which was amazing, and we made some of the greatest friends.  I miss those days I do as they were carefree and you never knew where the ride would take you but I love my kids and I am glad to spend my days with them now.  Some day when they are grown and don't want to hang with mom and dad we will be back out there and carefree to the day. 

So Susan (and Roger too) enjoy the bike, I sure did even if it was short lived!

1 comment:

  1. Trina,
    I love reading your blog and this post is my fav so far for obvious reasons..... Keep it up girl, you are reminding this working mom of 2 that I can do it! xoxo Angie

    ReplyDelete