"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love the change of seasons!

As I sit here on crispy morning deciding if the babies and I will take a walk I realize I really do love the change of seasons especially to fall.  Our family has been blessed many times during the fall so I have to say it is one of my favorite seasons!
First here are the 10 things I love the most about fall:
1.  Matthew and I were married in the fall - October 12th - so each new fall means another anniversary and that we made it thru another great year together!
2.  Caden and Maggie's birthday is in the fall - we didn't expect it to be but when they entered the world 6 weeks early they made it into the fall. They are some of our best work and we are very blessed to have them in our lives.
3.  Matt's birthday is in the fall - so thank you Mary Jo and Casey for bringing a child into the world who became my best friend.
4.  Sweatshirts and jeans - nothing better than a cool night outside in your favorite sweat shirt and jeans!
5.  The leaves are changing and make for some beautiful drives through our little area of the country
6.  My drives to Bloomington at this time of year.  Those leaves changing make for my favorite spot on route 46 that I discovered after driving back and forth to Bloomington for school - right outside of Brown County Park with a little red barn the hills, trees and beautiful leaves go on forever - I wish I had a picture to share with you but I don't and I know a few of you know my exact spot
7.  FOOTBALL - college, professional, high school and even pee wee - prior to kids Matt and I used to plant ourselves at BW3's for a whole day of watching football.  Now we may get to catch a few games on Saturday and we do get to go to all of the Bengals home games - thanks to the amazing in laws I have who watch our children! And of course we watch all of young cousins who are playing in all age groups.
My season ticket seat pals celebrating at the game!
8.  Thanksgiving - one of the best holidays because there are no gifts involved.  Just great food and quality time with those you love
9.  Pumpkins and mums - I love fall displays of both
The fall display at Memaw Donna and Papaw Chris's house.  A scarecrow for each of them and each grandkid - they need 2 more this year.  Halloween 2009 - Elmo and Cookie Monster
10.  Halloween - I was never a huge fan of Halloween until my kids came along.  Now it is a challenge to find a great costumes and a blast to see them trick or treating!
Their first Halloween Pebbles and Bam Bam!
  Now here are just a few things about any change of season that I don't like:
  1. The transition of clothes for the kids - I never know what to dress them in for school as I don't know if it will stay cool or get hot that day when we dress them in the morning.
  2. The transition of closets - this is painful with 4 kids and takes a lot of time.  It leads to mounds of laundry as I pull out bins from the older twins for the babies.  As well as cleaning out the older twins closet to see what they need for the next season.   
  3. One of the mounds of laundry that awaits me!
  4. The transition of sizes in the closets means my kids are growing up. When I put away their clothes that are too small I quickly realize how fast they are growing and that they will never be that size again.  It is even harder this time around as I realize we will never have little babies in those clothes again. 
  5. Putting away all of the laundry - I HATE THIS step and never get it all done at once.  However, I am a little strange in that I like to do the laundry, I like to see how quick I can get through a bottle of detergent!  And now that I have some very cute laundry helpers it is a little easier
  6. The babies buried within our folded laundry
  7. This season of change means I am that much closer to going back to work :( I miss my co-workers but I am really going to miss my days with the kids.  I am very blessed to have been given these weeks with them and I will cherish them forever!
So even with the negatives (they really aren't that bad) I welcome season of change - we will enjoy fall as a family and I can't wait for all of the memories that are about to be created with our adventures. 
Be sure to check back and make sure that the laundry monster hasn't eaten me!

No comments:

Post a Comment