"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a day but as Maggie would say "we did it!"

What a long and amazing day it has been.  We started off the day at Kings Island with Memaw Donna for P&G Dividend day. 
This was a great trip to take with Memaw and I have lots and lots of memories from these days as a kid and to experience it through the eyes of your children is another amazing experience I never thought I would get to do.   Everything truly looks different when you experience it with your children and view it through their eyes!
So this was the babies first trip to KI and their first dividend day.  This was Caden and Maggie's third trip to KI and second dividend day.  We did it all (well all you can do with 12 week old babies and 2 year old toddlers), rode rides, ate blue ice cream, got our dividend day buttons and memaw's samples and just had a ball.  Lots of questions on whether everyone was twins and how they are and how do you do it but we didn't mind because it was fun! 
I think memaw may still be dizzy from the 4 trips in a row on the merry go round with Maggie! 
Everyone was well behaved for the most part and mommy even got to ride the Diamondback by herself.   It was a great rollercoaster but something about being a mom of 4 when you do things like that you want to be sure you make it back for all of your kids!

Just when you thought you were pulling in for the night to wind down we get a call from Matthew, all I get is I wrecked the bus, WHAT?  but we are okay.
So yes Matthew wrecked the bus, the brakes went out, but he did a great job on making sure that everyone was safe and he turned what could have been a horrible situation into a bad situation.  Needless to say we will not be taking the Bengal Bus to the game tomorrow but I am glad that everyone is okay and hope there will be other rides on the Bengal Bus some other day. 

So I have truly been enjoying my last days home with my babies!  I have one more day and it is a day for Matthew and I to enjoy then it is back to the working world.  I hope we can make it!  I will for sure be looking forward to more great days like today, minus the bus wreck! 

Thank you Memaw Donna for being part of our amazing day.  We love you and we made it through this long and crazy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment