"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am Thankful!

I am thankful for a lot of things in my life, most of all my family and my 4 happy and healthy kids! 

Tonight there are a few other simple things to be thankful for:

I am very thankful that Aunt Haley, Uncle Adam and cousin Natalie for letting the oldest two come over and Natalie for letting them play with her so I could meet up with some fellow mom of twins friends.  Yes this was a meeting but just being with these amazing women and venting mom frustrations and challenges is such a blessing.   
This mom needed some grounding tonight that it is okay that I can't do it all for all of my kids all of the time and that it is okay that my oldest kids, who are almost 3, aren't potty trained yet. 

Maggie knows how to go on the potty and does great all day at school but when we get home she refuses to go for me.  I know she is doing it because it is something she can control and hold over my head.  I can't help but to think she is really mad at me for a number of reasons but tonight I am thankful that she gave me a hug, it has been a while since I got one from her without asking and her hanging on me was wonderful.

I know we will figure out this potty training thing, everyone tells me she will do it when she wants and that she won't go to kindergarten in a diaper but I still worry.  Next week will be tough and the next month will be hard as we work towards a new routine but that hug from my Maggie tonight was a wonderful reassurance that she does love me and that no matter how the return to work goes we will figure it all out. 

This is one of my very favorite pictures of Maggie and I.  I just love that big smile on that little face!
Lastly, I am thankful that this last week of maternity leave is going so well.  We are getting lots accomplished and are getting great news on a few things that have been pending for a long time!  Next week still won't be easy but it will definitely be easier when the home "to do" list has lots of items checked off! 

Now I am off to bed, busy day head tomorrow as our new dishwasher is arriving - I can't wait to do the first load, the babies and I have some wonderful friends coming to visit and I have to go to Lowe's, in my attempt to check items off the to do list I cut through the extension cord while trimming the bushes, oops so I am not perfect .

1 comment:

  1. You and Matt are doing a fantastic job of parenting. Be proud of the beautiful family you have created and continue to nurture with love! You are an inspiration to many!

    ReplyDelete