"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, September 17, 2010

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

That is how my mom started out a phone call yesterday afternoon.  Which was scary because she was picking up the older two from school so that could mean anything.

Well the good news first...
Caden went on the potty which is wonderful and he was awarded with lots of blue stickers, his favorite color, and we are very proud of this.  It hasn't happened much and we aren't really pushing it but I truly believe he may be the easier of the two to potty train at this point!

And the bad news...
That sweet little boy who was so good and went potty also pulled the fire alarm at school!  OOPS.  Now I have never told him not to pull those, as we don't really have them in our house to teach that, but I am not sure why he did it.  He is not the child to do something like that, if anything I could imagine Maggie doing it but not Caden.  Luckily the school was able to cancel the alarm and only one firefighter showed up.  I am sure that the entire class got a lesson on not pulling the alarm and I know that Caden will not do it again.  Or so we hope.  He apologized a ton, which is his new thing when he does something wrong, and after talking to him I know he knows better than to do it again. 

So all in all - it was a good day with a little lesson learned - don't pull the fire alarm!
Just look at this sweet little helper, I don't know how he could ever do anything wrong! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment