"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, September 25, 2010

What an amazing day!

It was a long one but an amazing one!
Race for the Cure, ConAgra Foods Family Picnic, and a movie with my babies!

We started out the day very early but off to be apart of a great cause at Race for the Cure.  Our lives are blessed with so many amazing woman who have beat this thing we call breast cancer that I thought it was important to get back out and support the cause.  Of course all 4 kids came along and Memaw Donna, we had a great time, are proud to be a part of Team Supergirl and made it in an hour and 17 minutes.  I didn't think we did too bad as we pushed a stroller each up and down those hills.
So for those who and beat it we love you and are thrilled you are here to share in our lives.  For those who are now our angels, thank you for touching our lives and you will never be forgotten.  And here is a great little thought for all:  our donation and walk today may not have been a lot but every little bit helps as some day I believe we will one day see a cure for this disease and I will know I did a little bit to help!

We continued our day at the ConAgra family picnic and I think we all had a ball!  Thank you to all of my co-workers who worked so hard to pull this together.  All 4 of the kids, memaw Donna and I had a great time.  I am lucky to have a great family to work with especially since I spend more time with you all than I do my actual family.  You all make it fun and it was great to see all of your families.  And to Krista, Michele, Matt and Jesse, thank you for all of your help and patience!

Lastly, I ended the evening with a movie with all of the babies.  We curled up on the couch, ate our popcorn, watched UP (which has a wonderful story behind it), and everyone was sleeping by 9:30 (mommy's favorite part)!  I must say I love days that end with a tub full of dirt and everyone sleeping soundly after much quality time together.   As I was laying down with Maggie, I told her that I was proud of her for being such a good girl today and that I was a very lucky person to be her mommy and her reply, "I know thanks" and off to sleep she went.

A big shout out to Memaw Donna for spending the day with us once again (and our wonderful fall display), we love you and hope we entertained you a little bit.  To daddy, we hope you had a good time on your golf trip but hope you come along for the fun with us next time!

Good night to all and I hope your day was a little bit amazing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment