"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, September 20, 2010

Ice cream, apple pie, jeans and a few cries!

That my friends are the things that got me through my first day back to work after 12 amazing weeks home with my babies!
I am lucky enough to work with some amazing people who helped me get through this day.  Everyone was there to welcome me back, we get to wear jeans to work this week as a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen and we had apple pie and ice cream to celebrate some great things among my co-workers: a birthday, a finalized citizenship, a new employee and they say my return. 
Those wonderful things tied in with a few tears is how I did it!  It is behind us and even though tomorrow will be a little easier it will still be hard as these little people are so amazing and I miss our morning coffee, GMA and 2 mile walks everyday.  However, I once again realize that my 45 minute commute each way is a blessing in that with every mile I can clear my head and have some quite mommy time to gear up for whatever may come my way either at work or at home.  Adult conversation is also a blessing but smiles and spit bubbles are too!  So this is a thankful and tired mom writing tonight to say in the words of Maggie, "we did it!"  we made it through day one of my return to work.
I left to smiles and kisses from all 4 of my kids!
 And because it is the start of our new routine for them too here is my photo from 2 1/2 years ago with Caden and Maggie on my return to work day. 
We made it then and I know we will make it now but I still miss them like crazy!
Maggie and Caden with Mommy in 2008 on my return to work then!
 I am one lucky gal to have these 4 children in my life and that make everything I do worth it. 
Selling groceries is definitely easier than raising two sets of twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment